Bionutrition Research Services
About the CTRU
The CTRU, located at the new Freidenrich Center (FCTR), is Stanford's home for clinical and translational research. Facilities include:
- 16 patient bays
- 4 hospital beds
- 3 pediatric study rooms
- 2 phlebotomy rooms
- Exercise/ exam room
- Consultation rooms
- Research kitchen
- Sample collection lab
Hours & Location
- Mon - Thurs: 7 am to 5 pm
Fri: 7 am to 3:30 pm
- Freidenrich Center for Translational Research
800 Welch Rd, Palo Alto, CA
- Download map and directions.
Click to open. (Problem? Check downloads folder.)
CTRU Bionutrition and Dietary services include:
- Budget Consultation — Estimation of protocol-specific costs for bionutrition services including nutrition counseling, research diet preparation, labor, food, and supplies.
- Research Diets — Work with investigators to design study-specific menus for nutrient-controlled research protocols.
- Meal Preparation and Service — Preparation of research diets, weighed to the nearest 0.1 gram, for study participants including controlled research meals, and post-test snacks or meals.
- Nutritional Counseling — Design of protocol-specific diet instructions for study participants.
- Dietary Recalls and Dietary Records — Administration, review, entry, and analysis of dietary records.
- Nutritional Analysis — Computerized analysis of dietary intake using state of the art software.
- Oversight of Subject Randomization and/or Blinding for Dietary Protocols — Tracking of subject randomization codes and administration of blinded dietary treatments.
- A completed CTRU Request Form is required for all CTRU services and resources.