FCTR map and directions
About the CTRU
The CTRU, located at the Freidenrich Center (FCTR), is Stanford's home for clinical and translational research. Facilities include:
- 16 patient bays
- 4 hospital beds
- 3 pediatric study rooms
- 2 phlebotomy rooms
- Exercise/ exam room
- Consultation rooms
- Research kitchen
- Sample collection lab
- 2 rooms equipped for 23-hour sleep studies
Hours & Location
- Mon - Thurs: 7 am to 5 pm
Fri: 7 am to 3:30 pm
- Freidenrich Center for Translational Research
800 Welch Rd, Palo Alto, CA
- FCTR map and directions
(Click to open download page.)
- Patient Reservation Form
- Subsidy and Cost Recovery Policy
- CTRU easy contact list
- Required new study in-service at the CTRU
- Nursing in-service template
- Template for Lab orders/visit at the CTRU
- Basic template for treatment orders at the CTRU
The Jill and John Freidenrich Center for Translational Research is located at 800 Welch Rd in Palo Alto, 35 miles south of San Francisco and 20 miles north of San Jose. (The building is also referred to as the CTRU or FCTR.)
Map 800 Welch Rd.
- Free parking for research volunteers. Volunteers should park behind 800 Welch in the “Special Permit” spaces, then pick up a parking pass from the front desk of 800 Welch and place it on the car’s dashboard.
- Pay parking for all others. There is plenty of visitor parking behind and beneath 780 Welch Rd. Park in any numbered spot and enter that number in the pay machine next to 780 Welch. Parking is $2 per hour and limited to three hours max from Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. At all other times parking is free.
For Mass Transit:
Get off at the Palo Alto-University Avenue Caltrain Station. The Stanford Marguerite shuttle picks up riders near the southbound train platform. Take the dark-purple MC line and stop in front of 780 Welch. See this shuttle map and schedule for shuttle frequency and bus stops.