Spectrum support for Clinical Research is divided into four stages, the first of which is DESIGNING YOUR STUDY.
This stage includes tasks and activities that occur early in the design & development of a study, such as:
- biostatistics consultations
- informatics consultations
- bioethics consultations
- identifying co-investigators and collaborators
- exploring funding opportunities
The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) – Each person at Stanford University who is part of the Stanford University HIPAA Components workforce must be aware of the obligations imposed by HIPAA and the Privacy and Security Rules.
To understand your responsibility, read the policies and procedures for compliance and training at Stanford University HIPAA: Health Information, Privacy and Security Information.
- Stanford HIPAA training is required for every member of the workforce who comes in contact with PHI.
- Your department will determine the HIPAA training modules that you are required to complete.