How to use the CTRU
About the CTRU
The CTRU, located at the new Freidenrich Center (FCTR), is Stanford's home for clinical and translational research. Facilities include:
- 16 patient bays
- 4 hospital beds
- 3 pediatric study rooms
- 2 phlebotomy rooms
- Exercise/ exam room
- Consultation rooms
- Research kitchen
- Sample collection lab
Hours & Location
- Mon - Thurs: 7 am to 5 pm
Fri: 7 am to 3:30 pm
- Freidenrich Center for Translational Research
800 Welch Rd, Palo Alto, CA
- Download map and directions.
Click to open. (Problem? Check downloads folder.)
The CTRU supports clinical research for Adult studies (non-cancer and cancer) and Child Health Studies.
Clinical Space for Adult Studies
The CTRU utilizes space at the Freidenrich Center for Clinical and Translational Research at 800 Welch Road, along with in-patient bed capabilities at both hospitals.
Clinical Space for Child Health Studies
The CTRU Child Health Component utilizes beds at Lucile Packard Children's Hospital for its inpatient activities. The facilities of the premature infant research program of the CTRU consist of the intensive care nursery and the intermediate intensive care nursery.
To Use the CTRU:
- Enter project into Study Navigator and click “submit study” on the last intake page (the system will then open the Study Overview page)
- On the Study Overview page, scroll down and click on “CTRU Facilities”
- Under “Next Steps” click on “Complete CTRU Request Form”
(the link is located in CTRU Facilities tab under the “Design Study” tab on the Overview page)
- Complete the CTRU Request form and click “Submit CTRU Request” at the bottom of the page
- Once Request Form is submitted, an email will be sent to the CTRU staff and to your assigned Study Facilitator
- A pop-up box will now appear with a link to the CTRU Budget Planner. Click on this link to download the tool (this is an excel document)
- The first tab in the excel document is instructions for completing the tool. After reviewing the instructions, click on the tab labeled “CTRU Budget Planner” and complete the worksheet
- After completing the Budget Planner, save and then upload to the Documents tab of the Overview page in Study Navigator
- An approved CTRU Request Form is required in order to utilize any CTRU service or resource.