Overview of Clinical Research Resources at Stanford
Spectrum serves faculty and clinical research personnel at Stanford School of Medicine, Stanford University Medical Center, Lucile Packard Children's Hospital, and the Veterans Affairs Palo Alto Health Care System.
- Budget & Billing Support
- Regulatory/Compliance Support
- Training & Education
- Point of Contact for questions about clinical research
OnCore CTMS for
Operations, Training & Compliance
800 Welch Road
Palo Alto, CA 94304
Fax (650) 723-8552
Description: This session will provide information on navigating the clinical research landscape at Stanford. The overview includes introductions to University Departments responsible for human subjects’ protection, research budget development, research contract negotiations and grant submissions. Information on obtaining medical services for research participants from Stanford Health Care (SHC) and Stanford Children’s Health (SCH) will be presented.
- Become familiar with the Stanford clinical research landscape
- Learn which University departments to contact for human subjects’ protections and for research budgeting and contracts
- Learn where to find contacts and information critical to conducting clinical research at Stanford Health Care, Stanford Children’s Health and the Clinical and Translational Research Unit (CTRU)
- Orientation assists new clinical research personnel in navigating the Stanford clinical and translation research (CTR) process.
- Orientation is offered on the second Tuesday of the month.
- Required for new employees who are working in clinical research; recommended for postdoctoral scholars and faculty.
- There are 2 components of this training:
1. Classroom Presentation (locate slides in “Notes and Attachment” link upon enrollment)
2. Evaluation (a link will be sent upon confirmation of classroom attendance)
- Required for new staff participating in clinical research.
- Recommended for postdoctoral scholars and new faculty.