Overview - OTC Services
Spectrum Operations, Training and Compliance (OTC) serves faculty and clinical research personnel at Stanford School of Medicine, Stanford University Medical Center, Lucile Packard Children's Hospital, and the Veterans Affairs Palo Alto Health Care System.
- Budget & Billing Support
- Regulatory/Compliance Support
- Study Facilitators
- Training & Education
- Point of Contact for questions about clinical research
OnCore CTMS for
Operations, Training & Compliance
800 Welch Road
Palo Alto, CA 94304
Fax (650) 723-8552
Operations, Training and Compliance (OTC) is a part of Spectrum, the Stanford Center for Clinical and Translational Research and Education.
OTC serves faculty and clinical research personnel at the Stanford School of Medicine, Stanford University Medical Center, Lucile Packard Children's Hospital (LPCH), and the Veterans Affairs Palo Alto Health Care System (VAPAHCS). OTC also serves as a liaison regarding clinical and translational resources with the community at large.
OTC staff provide support for a variety of clinical study matters, in areas such as budgeting and billing, compliance and regulatory services, training, and study facilitation.
Study Facilitators will answer your questions about conducting clinical research at Stanford and can guide you through the process.
Learn more about the roles and services offered by OTC by opening the headers below.
- Provides education, required training and professional growth opportunities to the Stanford clinical research community
- Works with University and Hospital administrative offices on compliance and clinical trial processes
- Supports the regulatory integrity of a growing community of sponsor-investigators at Stanford
- Coordinates community research inquiries
- Study budgeting support for complex procedures and research discounts
- Coordination between OSR, RMG, IRB, CCTO to facilitate clinical research
- Regulatory support and consultation
- Compliance training and support
- Study source document archiving
- Research coordinator services: education, orientation and training; mentoring, outreach
- Faculty investigator education and training
- External audit and review support
- Single point of contact for clinical research issues
OTC provides Study Facilitators who guide investigators and study personnel through the clinical and translational research process.
Study Facilitators have extensive experience in navigating the Stanford clinical and translational research system. A Study Facilitator will advise you and consult appropriate experts regarding:
- Regulatory requirements
- Budget and billing matters
- Staffing needs
- Contract processes
- IRB submission
OTC offers monthly training sessions for those who are new to the budgeting and billing process. See Calendar of Events for dates.
» More (Budgeting and Billing Training)
Regulatory services provided by OTC include:
- Regulatory submission support
- Audit preparation and assistance
- Good Clinical Practice (GCP) consultation and training
- Liaison services to other regulatory and compliance departments
- ClinicalTrials.gov support
Spectrum OTC provides education, required training and professional growth opportunities to the Stanford clinical research community.
» More (Overview Education and Training)