Please see the individual resource websites for contact information. If you cannot find what you are looking for, please
contact Bruce D. Koch, PhD
Analysis of tissue samples, QC of purified proteins.
Protein & Nucleic Acid Facility (PAN)
- Description —The Protein and Nucleic Acid (PAN) Facility is a multifaceted biotechnology fee-for-service laboratory. In Molecular Genetics the services include Gene Expression and Genotypring (Affymetrix microarray), quantitative methylation and mutation analysis (PyroMark), qPCR, DNA sequencing and fragment analysis, Nucleic Acid QC (Agilent Bioanalyzer) and Oligonucleotide synthesis. For protein characterization the laboratory offers Protein Sequencing, Peptide Synthesis, Protein Identification (MALDI) and Biomolecular interaction analysis using Surface Plasmon Resonance (Biacore).
- Location — Beckman Center B065/B017
- Questions — Contact Michael Eckart, PhD , (650) 723-1907
- Website — http://pan.stanford.edu/
- Selected References
Transgenerational epigenetic inheritance of longevity in Caenorhabditis elegans. Greer EL, Maures TJ, Ucar D, Hauswirth AG, Mancini E, Lim JP, Benayoun BA, Shi Y and Brunet A. Nature 2011; 479: 365–371. PubMedID: 22012258.
Antagonistic VEGF variants engineered to simultaneously bind to and inhibit VEGFR2 and αvβ3 integrin. Papo N, Silverman AP, Lahti JL, and Cochran JR. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011 Aug 23; 108 (34): 14067-14072. PubMedID: 21825147; PMCID: PMC3161552.
Masking the 5′ terminal nucleotides of the hepatitis C virus genome by an unconventional microRNA-target RNA complex. Machlin ES, Sarnow P and Sagan SM. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011 Feb 22; 108(8): 3193–3198. PubMedID: 21220300; PMCID: PMC3044371.
Stanford University Mass Spectrometry (SUMS)
- Description — Capabilities include routine analyses such as nanoLC-MS/MS protein identification; LC-MS based amino acid analysis; mass determination of small molecules, peptides, and proteins; accurate mass determinations; LC-MS, MSn, and high-resolution MS. Custom projects encompass diverse areas of proteomics, metabolomics, metabolite identification, non-covalent interactions, and targeted quantitation; examples include characterization of post-translational modifications, identification of protein binding partners, proteomic and metabolomic profiling, and biomarker verification.
- Location — Mudd 175
- Questions — Contact Allis Chien, PhD , (650) 723-0710
- Website — http://mass-spec.stanford.edu/
- Selected References
Activation of aldehyde dehydrogenase-2 reduces ischemic damage to the heart. Chen CH, Budas GR, Churchill EN, Disatnik MH, Hurley TD, Mochly-Rosen D. Science. 2008 Sep 12;321(5895):1493-5. PubMedID: 18787169; PMCID: PMC2741612.
Neural Precursor Cell-expressed Developmentally Down-regulated Protein 4-2 (Nedd4-2) Regulation by 14-3-3 Protein Binding at Canonical Serum and Glucocorticoid Kinase 1 (SGK1) Phosphorylation Sites. Chandran S, Li H, Wuxing Dong W, Karolina Krasinska K, Chris Adams C, Ludmila Alexandrova L, Allis Chien A, Kenneth R. Hallows KR, and Vivek Bhalla V. The Journal of Biological Chemistry. October 28, 2011; 286, (43): 37830–37840. PubMedID: 21900244.
Colonic Contribution to Uremic Solutes. Aronov PA, Luo F J-G, Plummer NS, Quan Z, Holmes S, Hostetter TH and Meyer TW. JASN. September 1, 2011; 22 (9): 1769-1776. PubMedID: 21784895.
Proteome-Wide Search Reveals Unexpected RNA-Binding Proteins in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Tsvetanova NG, Klass DM, Salzman J, Brown PO. PLoS ONE. Sep 10, 2010; 5(9): e12671. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0012671 PubMedID: 20844764; PMCID: PMC2937035.