Sunshine Act Open Payments
Spectrum Operations, Training and Compliance (OTC) serves faculty and clinical research personnel at Stanford School of Medicine, Stanford University Medical Center, Lucile Packard Children's Hospital, and the Veterans Affairs Palo Alto Health Care System.
- Budget & Billing Support
- Regulatory/Compliance Support
- Study Facilitators
- Training & Education
- Point of Contact for questions about clinical research
OnCore CTMS for
Operations, Training & Compliance
800 Welch Road
Palo Alto, CA 94304
Fax (650) 723-8552
The Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) has published several quick guides and presentations to assist with physician registration.
Tips and FAQs from the Vice Provost and Dean of Research website:
- Conflict of Interest Training and Other Information
- Stanford's Tips and Tricks for Registering to View Open Payments
- Frequently Asked Questions about CMS (the Sunshine Act) Open Payments Database
Step One: Register with CMS Enterprise Portal
- Enterprise Portal Registration Presentation. Follow the instructions beginning on slide 13 to register and obtain credentials in the CMS EIDM system.
Step Two: Register with CMS Open Payments System
- Open Payments User Guide. Relevant sections for Physicians are 8.3(a)-(c) and 9.1(b)
- For Physicians: Quick Guide on How to register in the Open Payments system
- To use during registration: Provider Taxonomy Codes
- To locate your National Provider Identifier (NPI)
- For Physicians: Quick Guide on How to review a record and initiate a dispute
For more information about Open Payments, please visit the Open Payments website. If you have any questions, you can submit an email to the Help Desk at email@example.com. Live Help Desk support is available by calling 1-855-326-8366, Monday through Friday, from 7:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. (CT), excluding Federal holidays.