U.S. Food and Drug Administration
Carefully planned clinical trials test new medical discoveries for safety and efficacy, so that they can be used in everyday clinical practice and health decision making.
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) provides a website for information about participating in clinical trials. This site includes the following information:
- Basic Questions and Answers about Clinical Trials
- Clinical Trials of Medical Treatments: Why Volunteer?
- 21 CFR 50 (informed consent regulations)
- Interactive patient education tutorial on clinical trials
- National Library of Medicine's Medline Plus (basic information about clinical trials
- Reporting Complaints Related to FDA-Regulated Clinical Trials
- Good Clinical Practice Contacts