U.S. Food and Drug Administration
Carefully planned clinical trials test new medical advances for safety and efficacy, making possible future improvements in everyday clinical practice and health-care decision making.
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) provides a website for information about participating in clinical trials. This site includes the following information:
- Basic Questions and Answers about Clinical Trials
- Clinical Trials of Medical Treatments: Why Volunteer?
- 21 CFR 50 (informed consent regulations)
- Interactive patient education tutorial on clinical trials
- National Library of Medicine's Medline Plus (basic information about clinical trials
- Reporting Complaints Related to FDA-Regulated Clinical Trials
- Good Clinical Practice Contacts