Collaborative IRB Training Initiative (CITI)
The STUDY SET-UP stage includes activities that occur after the study has been designed and developed, and before you begin to enroll patients.
This stage includes activities in areas such as:
- contracts & grant proposals
- IRB approval
- research management compliance
- study budgeting & billing
- required registration of trial
CITI training is required human subjects training for all staff working on a research project (all investigators and other study personnel, including all persons who are responsible for the design, conduct, data analysis or reporting of a research project).
Stanford provides access to the required training through an interactive online tutorial, the Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative (CITI) Course in the Protection of Human Research Subjects.
CITI offers a Basic (initial) course and then a Refresher course. Training is required every three years (two years for VA).
- CITI training is required (without exception)
- Key personnel is defined in the University Research Policy Handbook.