The STUDY SET-UP stage includes activities that occur after the study has been designed and developed, and before you begin to enroll patients.
This stage includes activities in areas such as:
- contracts & grant proposals
- IRB approval
- research management compliance
- study budgeting & billing
- required registration of trial
The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) – Each person at Stanford University who is part of the Stanford University HIPAA Components workforce must be aware of the obligations imposed by HIPAA and the Privacy and Security Rules.
To understand your responsibility, read the policies and procedures for compliance and training at Stanford University HIPAA: Health Information, Privacy and Security Information.
- Stanford HIPAA training is required for every member of the workforce who comes in contact with PHI.
- Your department will determine the HIPAA training modules that you are required to complete.